Join Our Team. We’re ready for you!
Check out the current list of volunteer opportunities and sign up to join our dedicated team of volunteers.
Get started Volunteering with our Chapter today. Complete an online applicatioin.
Once you submit your application, it will be routed to a Board Member who will contact you.
PMICIE Needs You!
Contribute to the PMICIE Chapter, increase your professional network and get to know others involved in your profession.
The Chapter has a number of openings that require volunteer effort, or you may wish to volunteer your services in a particular area in which you have a talent and a desire to assist the chapter.
Why You Should Volunteer
Whether you are a new or seasoned member of the PMICIE Area Chapter, one of the ways to get to know people in your profession is to become involved. Volunteering within our Chapter is not only a way to enrich your membership experience, it also expands your professional network, improves your knowledgebase in a low-risk environment, and most of all it’s fun!
- PMPs can earn valuable PDUs.
- Give back to your profession and the community while gaining knowledge, experience, and recognition.
- Collaborate and network with other professionals.
- Make an impact by getting involved in professional and leadership development of self and others.
- Gain marketable skills worthy of adding to your resume.
Ways You Can Volunteer
As a volunteer with PMICIE, you have the choice of volunteering:
- as an individual contributor which is comprised of specific assigned tasks by a team leader or
- in a leadership position, through which program and business management leadership is applied to enhance career opportunities for yourself and others.
Our Commitment to You
Regardless of the type of role you choose, PMICIE Chapter is committed to your success by providing:
- Role assignments that match your skills and goals in accordance with Chapter needs.
- Orientation for volunteers on the assigned roles and how it fits into the Chapter’s goals.
- Appropriate training and mentoring to ensure your success in the assigned role.
- Professional working environment.
- Opportunities to comment on your experiences and make suggestions for improvement.
Are You Ready to Get Involved?
Volunteering opportunities with this Chapter are open to all members of PMI and the PMICIE Area Chapter.
There is no requirement for prospective volunteers to hold certifications or to have extensive project management experience.
We look for professionals who can commit to the following guidelines and help us in providing a professional and successful experience for all volunteers and member owners:
- Participation should not be for self-serving purposes, promoting personal agendas, or for political or direct commercial gain.
- Work with integrity and respect for others.
- Acknowledge, respond to, and complete commitments in a timely manner.
- Work with minimum supervision while accommodating a geographically disbursed team.
- Participate actively