February 9, 2021 Virtual Meeting - Scott M. Graffius - 10 Ways to Score and Prioritize Project Proposals Based on Multiple Factors, Including Strategic Alignment
Scott M. Graffius - 10 Ways to Score and Prioritize Project Proposals Based on Multiple Factors, Including Strategic Alignment
How does your organization assess proposals for new projects? Is there a well-defined scoring and prioritization process — based on alignment with the business’ strategic objectives and other factors — to quickly and easily identify the objective value of each proposal (including how important it is relative to other initiatives)? If the answer is “no,” keep reading. If the answer is “yes,” you are likely to find practical information and examples in this talk to adapt and adopt to improve the process at your organization.
How You Will Benefit (Key Learning Objectives)
This talk will help you develop and enhance the contributions you make to your organization by being able to:
- Understand the benefits of scoring and prioritizing project proposals based on strategic alignment and other factors.
- Identify selection and prioritization criteria appropriate for your unique organization, leveraging the flexible framework and some or all of the 10 factors presented during the talk.
- Put the practical, actionable information presented to use. During the session, we will run an example project proposal through the process, step-by-step. You will receive a summary “cheat sheet” that you can reference as a guide to help implement or improve this process at your organization..
Audience - This session is designed to be of value to project, program, and portfolio managers; project, program, and portfolio management office staff; Center of Excellence staff; Scrum Masters, Product Owners, agile coaches, and other agile practitioners and staff; executives making decisions about organization strategy; functional managers; researchers; customers; and additional stakeholders.
References - The talk draws on the speaker’s first-hand experience, with his guidance supported by related standards, best practices, and recommendations from the Project Management Institute, IEEE, MIT, Harvard Business Review, Scrum Alliance, Deloitte, and others.
Scott M. Graffius, PMP, CSP-SM, CSP-PO, CSM, CSPO, ITIL, LSSGB is an agile project management consultant, practitioner, award-winning author, and keynote speaker. Content from his books, speaking engagements, and more has been used by businesses, governments, and universities, including: Gartner, Cisco, Ford, Qantas, Atlassian, Bayer, the United States Department of Energy, the New Zealand Ministry of Education, Tufts University, Texas A&M, and others. Thinkers360 named Scott a Top 20 Global Thought Leader and Influencer. His full-length bio is available at: https://bit.ly/bio-smg.
* 6:00-6:15 Check-In and Chapter Update
* 6:15-7:00 Speaker Presentation Part 1
* 7:00-7:05 Break
* 7:05-7:50 Speaker Presentation Part 2
* 7:50-8:00 Wrap-Up
|Event Date||02-09-2021 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||02-09-2021 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||02-09-2021 10:00 pm|
|Individual Price||See registration to select ticket price|
|No. of Businiess Acument PDUs||1.5|
|Location||Virtual Event/Web Conference|