provides templates, tools, tips and techniques to become a more successful Project ManagerNote: PMI California Inland Empire Chapter is a non-profit organization endorsing and in support of Project Management Institute. The information on this page is intended to provide value-add products and services to its membership. PMI-CIE does not claim to have exclusive rights or guarantee use of recommendations provided.
- Discounts by our Sponsors / Partners:
- Knowledge Center by PMI for free and helpful information for best practices in project management
- Beyond20 - we help organizations transform themselves into powerful, business aligned IT Service Providers. No single solution is right for everyone, so we work with our clients to provide a custom blend of solutions in the following areas:
- People - Education, Awareness, and Training including CobiT®, ITIL® and PMP® Courses.
- Process - Practical application of best practices as described in ITIL, CobiT, ISO/IEC 20000, AGILE / Scrum, and the PMBOK Guide, tailored to meet the unique needs of each client.
- Tools - We're not a software vendor, but we do believe in a metrics driven approach to IT Service Management. We help clients select or develop the right tools to effectively manage the performance of ITSM/ITIL processes and gain visibility and control over a portfolio of projects and IT Services.
- Organization - ITSM Strategy and Governance, portfolio management, PMO/SMO implementation
- The Knowledge Center by Global Knowledge for free and helpful information for education and training in project management
- Profiles International Weekly Recap for Leadership and Management advice contributing to project success
- The99percent.com for Insight On Making Ideas Happen where "Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration" ~ Thomas Edison
- Gantthead for tips and tools for IT Project Managers
- Dropbox for free storage in the Cloud
- The PeoplePulse Blog for 10 Best Practices for Opinion Survey Design
- Google Docs for FREE templates; including online surveys (GoTo:YouTube.com forHow To Create a Free Online Survey Using Google Docs)
- Smart Draw for Process Mapping and Brainstorming
- Speaking About Presenting 13 Best Practice Tips for Effective Presentation Handouts
- Prezi.com to make your presentations ZOOM
- YouTube.com for training and tips on Excel, Word, MS Project 2007 or 2010
- About.Me helps you quickly build your personal page that points people to everything you do, all around the web
- WriteABio.com for templates to clearly, concisely and effectively highlight and market your greatest assets
- Elevator Pitch 101 to understand the basics of how to write an elevator pitch
- How to craft your 30-second elevator pitch or networking introduction a YouTube presentation on how to create an elevator pitch
- Job Hopper an Apple application for your iPad or iPhone to visually see how your LinkedIn connections are linked to companies (aka, your target company:)
- Visual Thesaurus (similar to Job Hopper) to visually see your alternate word options
- Agile for Dummies
Come and explore the Agile Paradox. More and more companies are adopting Agile to increase the pace of innovation. Even Agile experts will benefit from Agile for Dummies as it offers a guided tour of Agile development with particular emphasis on the most popular of Agile methodologies — Scrum development. Get your complimentary copy of this eBook and share it with your whole team!.
Clicking on the download link will not result in your information being automatically submitted to a paper's sponsor.
Tips / Techniques
Become the expert, get certified!
- Read article, "9 Hot IT Skills for 2012"
"44% plan to hire for (Project Management) in the next 12 months, up from 43% in the 2010 survey." ~ Computerworld
- Which PMI certification is right for me?
- PRINCE2 certification
- ITIL certification
- Six Sigma - General Information
- How to get certified? Register now!
- Read article, "9 Hot IT Skills for 2012"
Start/Build Your Professional Network
Advance your Project Management Career
Give back to the Community through FREE downloadable tools by PMI Educational Foundation
Through grants, programs, scholarships, and educational resources the PMI Educational Foundation brings the benefits and the power of project management to local communities and to the farthest reaches of the world for social good.